Quite frequently in the public Facebook NP business group, the question comes up about starting a cash practice vs an insurance-based practice.
Unfortunately, there is a lot of misinformation and myths around one or the other. Neither is perfect and neither is bad. They are different animals if you will that practices need to learn to navigate and tame. Your choice will depend on a number of factors.
The purpose of this podcast episode is to give an overview of some pros and cons and discuss items for consideration before you make a choice.
Before you make a choice for the type of practice you wish to start, or if you are making a transition in your business model, you’ll want to take this and other factors into consideration, do some research and make a plan.
- Episode #7 of the NP Business Matters Podcast with Dr. Penni Vachon – Direct Primary Care
- Don Self Reimbursement Specialist.
- Medicare, Are you in or Out. Episode #20 of the NP Business Matters Podcast
- On the NPBusiness YouTube channel – several resources on Medicare
- Catch up on all the NP Business Matters podcasts here.
- Check out the Nurse Practitioners in Business Facebook Group
- Become a Member of the NPBO™
- Ready to start your own practice?
Connect with the Podcast
You can find the NP Business Matters Podcast on popular podcasting platforms:
- Apple Podcast
- Google Podcast
- Amazon Music/Audible
- And others. You’ll also find us in your favorite podcast player.
And as always, please subscribe, leave a rating, and share with your colleagues.
If you have requests for topics and/or guests, you can leave us a comment below, or anonymously fill out this form.
Do you have a preference? Which of these practice models has worked out best for you? What problems have you found with one or the other? I look forward to hearing your thoughts and questions about this episode in the comments below.