A solid financial policy will do wonders for your practice. It will guide you and your staff as well as your patients on how to do business with your practice. It can help stabilize your cash flow. And it can keep you in compliance.
In this episode of the NP Business Matters podcast Barbara talk’s about:
- Why this is one of the very first policies a practice needs to create.
- The difference between policies and procedures.
- Why you don’t need to start with a blank page and what you can do instead.
- The importance of customizing the policy to your practice.
- Questions you want to ask before you start to create your policy.
In addition, she takes several side steps with additional information you need to successfully run your own practice.
This is an information-packed episode and you will likely want to listen to this episode more than once, and take notes along the way.
And if you are already an NPBO™ Member, you’ll find a download of all the questions covered in the billing and financial section of your Member’s portal.
- Business Policies for your practice – templates.
- Maximizing Front Desk Collections
- This podcast is an update of this article.
- Catch up on all the NP Business Matters podcasts here.
- Check out the Nurse Practitioners in Business Facebook Group
- Become a Member of the NPBO™
- Ready to start your own practice?
Connect with the Podcast
You can find the NP Business Matters Podcast on popular podcasting platforms:
- Apple Podcast
- Google Podcast
- Amazon Music/Audible
- And others. You’ll also find us in your favorite podcast player.
And as always, please subscribe, leave a rating and share with your colleagues.
If you have requests for topics and/or guests, you can leave us a comment below, or anonymously fill out this form.
I look forward to hearing your thoughts and questions about this episode in the comments below.