In this episode of the NP Business Matters podcast, I’m interviewing nurse practitioner Dr. Penni Vashon. She has been a NPBO™ member for a number of years, and over that time, I’ve watched her take her practice from a holistic ortho practice, to a successful direct pay practice model.
I’m often questioned about this model of practice, particularly from those who want to get started fast and not deal with the wait of credentialing, insurance, etc. The thing that NPs (and others!) need to consider is this practice model is slower to grow that an insurance based practice.
There is a lot that goes into it. Penni and I talk about how she did the research, marketing and how to grow this type of practice even further.
You’ll hear what spurred her on, some of the challenges she has had, as well as the wins.
- Lowcountry Wellness Center website
- Lowcountry Wellness Center on Facebook
- Lowcountry Wellness Center on Instagram
- Why You Want to Educate Your Patients About Their Health Insurance
- Catch up on all the NP Business Matters podcasts here.
- Check out the Nurse Practitioners in Business Facebook Group
- Become a Member of the NPBO™
- Ready to start your own practice?
Connect with the Podcast
You can find the NP Business Matters Podcast on popular podcasting platforms:
- Apple Podcast
- Google Podcast
- Amazon Music/Audible
- And others. You’ll also find us in your favorite podcast player.
And as always, please subscribe, leave a rating and share with your colleagues.
If you have requests for topics and/or guests, you can leave us a comment below, or anonymously fill out this form.
I look forward to hearing your thoughts and questions about this episode in the comments below.