The idea of opting in or out of Medicare is a frequent question we receive. In this episode of the NP Business Matters Podcast, Short Takes, we discuss this in further detail.
The most important thing clinicians need to understand is when you opt out of Medicare, you are out everywhere. It’s global. You are either in or out. It’s black and white. In this instance, there is no gray.
- Social Security Act (Section 1848(g)(4)(A); “Physician Submission of Claims”)
- Requirement to file claims – The Medicare Claims Processing Manual, Chapter 1, Section 70.8.8
- CMS Provider Enrollment, Manage Your Enrollment
- Catch up on all the NP Business Matters podcasts here.
- Check out the Nurse Practitioners in Business Facebook Group
- Become a Member of the NPBO™
- Ready to start your own practice?
Connect with the Podcast
You can find the NP Business Matters Podcast on popular podcasting platforms:
- Apple Podcast
- Google Podcast
- Amazon Music/Audible
- And others. You’ll also find us in your favorite podcast player.
And as always, please subscribe, leave a rating and share with your colleagues.
If you have requests for topics and/or guests, you can leave us a comment below, or anonymously fill out this form.
I look forward to hearing your thoughts and questions about this episode in the comments below.