There are a lot of obstacles to starting a practice, but how would you react if you were harassed by state officials for starting a practice? How much would you put up with?
Meet Carl Smith and Quentin Caswell, nurse practitioners with a private practice in Joplin, MO. They have been through several collaborating physicians while dealing with harassment from the medical board in MO in the early years of their practice.
Now open 9 years, things have settled down and their practice is thriving.
What lessons will you pick up in this episode of the NP Business Matters podcast?
- Advanced Practice Clinic
- Email Carl and Quentin – info at apclinic.net
- Missouri Nurses Association
- Association of Missouri Nurse Practitioners
- Catch up on all the NP Business Matters podcasts here.
- Check out the Nurse Practitioners in Business Facebook Group
- Become a Member of the NPBO™
- Ready to start your own practice?
Connect with the Podcast
You can find the NP Business Matters Podcast on popular podcasting platforms:
- Apple Podcast
- Google Podcast
- Amazon Music/Audible
- And others. You’ll also find us in your favorite podcast player.
And as always, please subscribe, leave a rating and share with your colleagues.
If you have requests for topics and/or guests, you can leave us a comment below, or anonymously fill out this form.
I look forward to hearing your thoughts and questions about this episode in the comments below. What obstacles have you run into when getting started? Did you have to jump through more hoops than you anticipated?