Have you ever considered working in corrections? As in independent contractor, an employee or as an entrepreneur? I had not.
Welcome back to our guest Renee Dahring, APRN, FNP, FAANP. You may be familiar with Renee, (aka the NP Career Coach) who was featured on episode #14 when we talked about finding the perfect job, which I’ve linked to below.
In addition to her work with NPs on careers, and her work with the Minnesota NP Coalition, she has spent the bulk of her clinical career in corrections both as an employee and as an independent contractor.
We talk about what it’s like, and about all the opportunity there is for NPs in corrections…beyond the clinical work.
In this episode of the NP Business Matters Podcast, not only do we talk about what it’s like for NPs working in corrections, but we also talk about the opportunities for nurse practitioners in corrections from being an employee, an independent contractor, a leader, and an entrepreneur.
- The National Commission on Correctional Healthcare (NCCHC) www.NCCHC.org
- American Correctional Nurses Association (ACNA) https://acna.nursingnetwork.com
- NP Career Coach
- Renee on Episode #14 Finding Your Perfect Job
- Catch up on all the NP Business Matters podcasts here.
- Check out the Nurse Practitioners in Business Facebook Group
- Become a Member of the NPBO™
- Ready to start your own practice?
Connect with the Podcast
You can find the NP Business Matters Podcast on popular podcasting platforms:
- Apple Podcast
- Google Podcast
- Amazon Music/Audible
- And others. You’ll also find us in your favorite podcast player.
And as always, please subscribe, leave a rating and share with your colleagues.
If you have requests for topics and/or guests, you can leave us a comment below, or anonymously fill out this form.
I look forward to reading your thoughts and questions about this episode in the comments below. Do you work in corrections? Have you considered working in correction?