In this episode of the NP Business Matters Podcast, I talk with Dr. Cindy Elliott, nurse practitioner.
Cindy started her practice in 2009 and ran it successfully for many years before joining a larger practice this past year. Learn how she set herself up for success, as well as build in time and space to give back to the community at large as well as the NP community.
Additionally, Cindy is one of very few providers in the United States whose practice serves the Deaf Community. She discusses some of the cultural issues as well as communication issues, especially in this time of the global pandemic.
- Elliott, C. M. (2019, May 29). Deaf patients having difficulty accessing health care due to communication issues. Retrieved February 02, 2021, from https://www.journalijdr.com/deaf-patients-having-difficult-accessing-health-care-due-communication-issue
- Professional Deaf Interpreter Services
- NW Primary and Speciality Care
- Carolyn Zaumeyer’s book, How to Start An Independent Practice
- Carolyn Buppert’s book, Nurse Practitioner’s Business Practice and Legal Guide, 7th Edition
- NPBO™ Practice Startup System
- Catch up on all the NP Business Matters podcasts here.
- Check out the Nurse Practitioners in Business Facebook Group
- Become a Member of the NPBO™
- Ready to start your own practice?
Connect with the Podcast
You can find the NP Business Matters Podcast on popular podcasting platforms:
- Apple Podcast
- Google Podcast
- Amazon Music/Audible
- And others. You’ll also find us in your favorite podcast player.
And as always, please subscribe, leave a rating and share with your colleagues.
If you have requests for topics and/or guests, you can leave us a comment below, or anonymously fill out this form.
I look forward to hearing your thoughts and questions about this episode in the comments below.