Is California’s AB-890 good for NPs? What does it really mean?
I had the honor of speaking with Melanie Balestra, NP, JD in California on the law signed by Gov. Newsom on September 29, 2020.
According to the CANP website, it states that “AB 890 allows NPs to work without physician supervision, removing the supervisory requirement in existing law so NPs can provide the same high quality care they do today and care more directly for patients.”
But of course, there is a lot in the details, and not all of it is good.
- California Independent Contractor Interview with Melanie Balestra
- California Association of Nurse Practitioners
- Balestra Healthcare Law
- Catch up on all the NP Business Matters podcasts here.
- Check out the Nurse Practitioners in Business Facebook Group
- Become a Member of the NPBO™
- Ready to start your own practice?
Connect with the Podcast
You can find the NP Business Matters Podcast on popular podcasting platforms:
- Apple Podcast
- Google Podcast
- Amazon Music/Audible
- And others. You’ll also find us in your favorite podcast player.
And as always, please subscribe, leave a rating and share with your colleagues.
If you have requests for topics and/or guests, you can leave us a comment below, or anonymously fill out this form.
Are you in California? What do you think? I look forward to hearing your thoughts and questions about this episode in the comments below.