Today, I have the pleasure of speaking with Dr. Irene Bean, FNP, PMHNP, FAANP about a wide variety of topics.
First, Irene is a successful business owner in Nashville TN where she practices provides family health care, and more recently has integrated behavior health care to her practice.
In addition, Irene is the founder the Tennessee Nurse Practitioner Association, the TN State Rep for the American Association of Nurse Practitioners. She is active in leadership development for NPs in the state of Tennessee.
While listening to this episode before hitting publish, some lessons popped out that I think are worth mentioning. See if you can find them as you listen.
- Be flexible. While planning is a must, we also need to be prepared to pivot.
- Be curious. Opportunities don’t always appear as you envision them. Ask yourself, “what if”.
- Be ready. It’s important to be ready and mindful so you are prepared seize upon the opportunities as they present themselves.
- Tennessee Nurse Practitioner Association
- TNNPA Group on Facebook
- TNNPA on Twitter
- TNNPA on LinkedIn
- Irene on Instagram
- Catch up on all the podcasts here.
- Check out the Nurse Practitioners in Business Facebook Group
- Become a Member of the NPBO™
- Ready to start your own practice?
Connect with the Podcast
You can find the NP Business Matters Podcast on popular podcasting platforms:
- Apple Podcast
- Google Podcast
- Amazon Music/Audible
- And others. You’ll also find us in your favorite podcast player.
And as always, please subscribe, leave a rating and share with your colleagues.
If you have requests for topics and/or guests, you can leave us a comment below, or anonymously fill out this form.
I look forward to hearing your thoughts and questions about this episode in the comments below.