Do you, your staff, and/or your patients understand these common insurance terms – deductibles, co-pay, and co-insurance? I bet you would tell me not everyone. Chances are most of the people working in or visiting healthcare practices need a bit of a primer on these important terms, what they mean, and how they can impact your practice.
In this new series on Getting Paid, I want to focus on just that, how we get paid. Episode #34 of the NP Business Matters podcast is going to talk about three terms that cause any practice that takes insurance a bit of indigestion!
Deductibles, Co-Pays & Co-Insurance!
In this episode, we’ll define the terms, talk about some practice scenarios, and what we can do to begin to implement some best practice.
- CMS Uniform Glossary – Downloadable glossary
- Healthcare.Gov Glossary – A more extensive glossary. I would not use all these terms all the time on my website.
- NPBO™ Members can access their resources by logging in here.
- Catch up on all the NP Business Matters podcasts here.
- Check out the Nurse Practitioners in Business Facebook Group
- Become a Member of the NPBO™
- Ready to start your own practice?
Connect with the Podcast
You can find the NP Business Matters Podcast on popular podcasting platforms:
- Apple Podcast
- Google Podcast
- Amazon Music/Audible
- And others. You’ll also find us in your favorite podcast player.
And as always, please subscribe, leave a rating and share with your colleagues.
If you have requests for topics and/or guests, you can leave us a comment below, or anonymously fill out this form.
What problems has your practice experienced as a result of misunderstanding? I look forward to hearing your stories, thoughts, and questions about this episode in the comments below.