Nurse Practitioners often ask in our Facebook group, what does it cost to start a practice? As you might expect, the answers that group members give are all over the board.
The question is essentially impossible to answer without further information. There are a lot of variables involved.
- What kind of practice?
- Where is it located?
- What is the size of the practice?
And that’s just to start with.
In order to accurately estimate your startup cost, and ultimately, your operating cost, you are going to have to do some research and planning.
In this episode of the NP Business Matters Podcast, I discuss many of the variables, though it’s impossible to cover them all. However, you’ll get a good idea of where to start, and then you can go from there.
At the end of the podcast, I also make an exciting announcement, so you don’t want to miss it!
- CLIA Waivers: What They Are And Why You Must Have One
- Facebook Nurse Practitioners in Business group
- Practice Startup Checklist
- Coming Soon! The Essentials of Starting a Practice, a live multi-week workshop
- Catch up on all the NP Business Matters podcasts here.
- Check out the Nurse Practitioners in Business Facebook Group
- Become a Member of the NPBO™
Connect with the Podcast
You can find the NP Business Matters Podcast on popular podcasting platforms:
- Apple Podcast
- Google Podcast
- Amazon Music/Audible
- And others. You’ll also find us in your favorite podcast player.
And as always, please subscribe, leave a rating, and share with your colleagues.
If you have requests for topics and/or guests, you can leave us a comment below, or anonymously fill out this form.
Do you currently have or would like to start a non-clinical business? I invite you to share your thoughts, ideas, and/or questions in the comments below.