Not a day goes by that I don’t hear from a nurse practitioner who wants to start a practice on weight loss. Obviously there is a great need for this and many ways to to approach this.
Meet Karli Burridge, PA-C, MMS, FOMA who has a passion for obesity management. She talks about the complexity of obesity and how it affects almost every system of the body. Karlie has started programs within other practices and hospital services.
Whether you want to add more obesity management to your practice, or look at this as a speciality practice, you’ll want to listen, and look at these and other resources.
- Gaining Health website
- Gaining Health on Facebook
- Obesity Medicine Association
- Previous podcast episode #25, Dr. Angie Golden Business and Obesity in Primary Care.
- AANP’s Obesity and Weight Management Resources and CE’s
- Catch up on all the NP Business Matters podcasts here.
- Check out the Nurse Practitioners in Business Facebook Group
- Become a Member of the NPBO™
- Ready to start your own practice?
Connect with the Podcast
You can find the NP Business Matters Podcast on popular podcasting platforms:
- Apple Podcast
- Google Podcast
- Amazon Music/Audible
- And others. You’ll also find us in your favorite podcast player.
And as always, please subscribe, leave a rating and share with your colleagues.
If you have requests for topics and/or guests, you can leave us a comment below, or anonymously fill out this form.
Do you have a practice that focuses on obesity management and weight loss? I look forward to hearing your thoughts and questions about this episode in the comments below.