Lots of nurse practitioners in Michigan have asked about starting a business in their own practice. Unfortunately, according to the law, APNs cannot open their own practices.
The reasoning behind this has been confusing for many NPs. In this episode of the NP Business Matters podcast, we talk with Dr. Denise Hershey, PhD, FNP-BC, the current president of the Michigan Council of Nurse Practitioners about this issue and other issues affecting NP practice in Michigan.
- Michigan Council of Nurse Practitioners – MICNP
- MICNP FPA Advocacy – https://micnp.org/page/fullpracticeauthority
- AANP State Practice
- Catch up on all the NP Business Matters podcasts here.
- Check out the Nurse Practitioners in Business Facebook Group
- Become a Member of the NPBO™
- Ready to start your own practice?
Connect with the Podcast
You can find the NP Business Matters Podcast on popular podcasting platforms:
- Apple Podcast
- Google Podcast
- Amazon Music/Audible
- And others. You’ll also find us in your favorite podcast player.
And as always, please subscribe, leave a rating and share with your colleagues.
If you have requests for topics and/or guests, you can leave us a comment below, or anonymously fill out this form.
Are you in Michigan? How is this affecting your practice? I look forward to hearing your thoughts and questions about this episode in the comments below.