Owning a nurse practitioner practice can be both rewarding and challenging. While providing high-quality care to patients is always the top priority, increasing revenue is also essential to keep the practice running smoothly.
For nurse practitioner practice owners who are looking to boost their income, there are several strategies they can implement to achieve their goals. Whether it’s increasing Relative Value Units (RVUs), expanding services, improving patient retention, or becoming more efficient at coding, and collections, there are many ways to maximize revenue and grow the practice.
In this podcast we cover:
- What are RVUS
- Doing an assessment
- Other ways to generate revenue
- Have you looked at your expenses? You don’t need the latest shiny toy.
- Learning resources
- Listen to the AMA explain RVUs
- CMS on RVUs
- AANP Continuing Education
- Don Self – Medical Reimbursement Consultant
- Inexpensive EHR – OfficeAlly.com
- Learn how to read financial statements
- NPBO™ Shop – All of our resources including the Marketing Basics Course and Billing Course
- Catch up on all the NP Business Matters podcasts here.
- Check out the Nurse Practitioners in Business Facebook Group
- Become a Member of the NPBO™
- Ready to start your own practice?
Connect with the Podcast
You can find the NP Business Matters Podcast on popular podcasting platforms:
- Apple Podcast
- Google Podcast
- Amazon Music/Audible
- And others. You’ll also find us in your favorite podcast player.
And as always, please subscribe, leave a rating and share with your colleagues.
If you have requests for topics and/or guests, you can leave us a comment below, or anonymously fill out this form.
Are you currently trying to increase your revenue? What have you tried? What’s working? Where do you need help?