Every business needs to address a problem, and that is just what Ellen Harris, FNP did when she created the nation’s first NP Hospitalist group.
This conversation has a lot of lessons for any nurse practitioner regardless if you choose to stay employed, or venture into your own business including
- Asking for what you are worth
- Issues regarding working W2 vs 1099
- Issues beginning to sweep the nation regarding 1099s and ABC state employment rules
- RNs and NPs who work locums
- And so much more.
I hope this edition of the NP Business Matters podcast leads you to ask questions in your own professional life and gives you ideas to move forward.
- Questions about the ABC rules for 1099? Visit the IRS and your state employment office for further information.
- Catch up on all the NP Business Matters podcasts here.
- Check out the Nurse Practitioners in Business Facebook Group
- Become a Member of the NPBO™
- Ready to start your own practice?
Connect with the Podcast
You can find the NP Business Matters Podcast on popular podcasting platforms:
- Apple Podcast
- Google Podcast
- Amazon Music/Audible
- And others. You’ll also find us in your favorite podcast player.
And as always, please subscribe, leave a rating, and share with your colleagues.
If you have requests for topics and/or guests, you can leave us a comment below, or anonymously fill out this form.
Do you work locums? What has been your experience? I look forward to hearing your thoughts and questions about this episode in the comments below.