Functional Medicine practices are very popular among nurse practitioners. In today’s episode of the NP Business Matters Podcast, I speak with Erin Bagshaw, NP, who believes the future of primary care is functional medicine.
Erin’s practice was established in 2004 and was the first NP-owned primary care practice in the Washington, DC area. She discusses:
- the growth and evolution of her practice
- bringing in specialties
- transitioning from an insurance-based practice to a fee-for-service practice
- doing functional medicine the right way.
As a bonus, we have a short discussion of things to ask, especially if a new graduate, during a job interview.
- Catch up on all the NP Business Matters podcasts here.
- Check out the Nurse Practitioners in Business Facebook Group
- Become a Member of the NPBO™
- Ready to start your own practice?
Connect with the Podcast
You can find the NP Business Matters Podcast on popular podcasting platforms:
- Apple Podcast
- Google Podcast
- Amazon Music/Audible
- And others. You’ll also find us in your favorite podcast player.
And as always, please subscribe, leave a rating, and share with your colleagues.
If you have requests for topics and/or guests, you can leave us a comment below, or anonymously fill out this form.
Do you practice functional medicine? How is your practice different, or even the same? I look forward to hearing your thoughts and questions about this episode in the comments below.