Embezzlement is real and it happens in health care practices. Let’s explore embezzlement and employee theft in practices.
One of the few things we want to face in our business is that employees will steal from the practice. Why would someone do that when we are all there to provide a service to the community? Who would do that to us?
As it turns out, this is no small problem. It ranges from small amounts of money, a few items being taken to a loss that can result in staggering amounts of money.
On average, practices that experience this, lose approximately $450,000 annually!
In this episode of the NP Business Matters Podcast, we’ll talk about what is going on, who is doing it, and things you can do to protect your business. We’ll close with suggestions on what to do when it happens to you. Plus we share real examples of practices that have been there.
I invite you to share your story below.
- Embezzlement, Could It Happen In Your Office?
- Practice Embezzlement – Keeping Others Out of the Cookie Jar
- Three Simple Steps To Guard Against Employee Theft
- Financial Controls for Small Business (SCORE)
- Understanding and Preventing Embezzlement in Your Practice (MGMA)
- FBI on White-Collar Crime
- Catch up on all the NP Business Matters podcasts here.
- Check out the Nurse Practitioners in Business Facebook Group
- Become a Member of the NPBO™
- Ready to start your own practice?
Connect with the Podcast
You can find the NP Business Matters Podcast on popular podcasting platforms:
- Apple Podcast
- Google Podcast
- Amazon Music/Audible
- And others. You’ll also find us in your favorite podcast player.
And as always, please subscribe, leave a rating and share with your colleagues.
If you have requests for topics and/or guests, you can leave us a comment below, or anonymously fill out this form.
Share your experience with employee theft and/or embezzlement below.