Meet Dr. Sonia Smith, a pediatric nurse practitioner with her own practice and specializes in pediatric behavioral sleep issues.
In this episode, we talk about the specialty of pediatric sleep medicine as well as what it takes to start a practice. You’ll hear why I call Sonia the “poster child”.
We also spent time discussing….
- The importance of community.
- Her caveats of those getting started in business.
- Emerald Coast Pediatric Sleep Consultants
- Pediatric Sleep Problems (A Clinical Guide to Behavioral Interventions), 1st Edition
- A Clinical Guide to Pediatric Sleep: Diagnosis and Management of Sleep Problems
- Society of Behavioral Sleep Medicine
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM)
- National Sleep Foundation
- NPBO™ Practice Startup System
- Catch up on all the NP Business Matters podcasts here.
- Check out the Nurse Practitioners in Business Facebook Group
- Become a Member of the NPBO™
- Ready to start your own practice?
Connect with the Podcast
You can find the NP Business Matters Podcast on popular podcasting platforms:
- Apple Podcast
- Google Podcast
- Amazon Music/Audible
- And others. You’ll also find us in your favorite podcast player.
And as always, please subscribe, leave a rating and share with your colleagues.
If you have requests for topics and/or guests, you can leave us a comment below, or anonymously fill out this form.
I look forward to hearing your thoughts and questions about this episode in the comments below.