Everyone, including healthcare workers are targets for fraudsters. Learn tactics scammers use and gain the knowledge to protect yourself, your license, and your practice.
Scams and fraud are on the rise, and healthcare has been identified by the FBI as targets.
In this episode, I’m talking about how you, as an individual in healthcare may be targeted by scammers to release your own personal information or to inadvertently give someone access to protected healthcare information.
Notability, we’ll address HIPAA breaches and ransomware attacks in a separate article.
In this episode of the NP Business Matters Podcast (#85) I’ll address:
- Healthcare Labs/Device Fraud
- Billing Fraud
- Phishing and its iterations
- Recruitment/ Job Scams
- Social Engineering
- Deep fake
- and others.
There are some relatively simple and easy things you can do today to protect yourself, your license, and your practice. I encourage you to share this information with your families, colleagues, and patients as well. We all need a bit of education on the topic.
- HIPAA Security Risk Assessment Tool
- FTC Common Health Scams
- DEA Scam Alert
- FBI Press Release Warning to the Individuals Employed in Healthcare
- Top 200 Most Common Passwords 2023
- Catch up on all the NP Business Matters podcasts here.
- Check out the Nurse Practitioners in Business Facebook Group
- Become a Member of the NPBO™
- Ready to start your own practice?
Connect with the Podcast
You can find the NP Business Matters Podcast on popular podcasting platforms:
- Apple Podcast
- Google Podcast
- Amazon Music/Audible
- And others. You’ll also find us in your favorite podcast player.
As always, please subscribe, leave a rating, and share with your colleagues. Thank you!
If you have requests for topics and/or guests, you can leave us a comment below, or anonymously fill out this form.
What’s your story? Have you ever been scammed? Your story can help inform others in how they might protect themselves!