Nurses, nurse practitioners, and other healthcare providers are people first. And we sometimes come with the same stories that we see in our patients. Some of them are great, and others… not so much.
As healthcare providers, as business owners, we, for the most part, know we are more effective when we are at our best. Unfortunately, the stressors of life as well as the immense stress that is put on us all can create unhealthy behaviors.
Choosing Wellness is about overcoming some of those behaviors. It’s about taking back our power.
To me, choosing wellness is not only about being healthier, happier and wiser, but it’s also about being a more effective clinician and a more successful business owner.
I was honored to speak once again with Eileen O’Grady about this very important book containing her personal narrative that can impact every one of us, as well as how we interact with our patients.
Dr. Loretta Ford, in her forward, ends with
“Humanity is front and center in every story. There is no escape, but to move forward…forward and ever more humanely, openly, and confidently. A must-read for anyone experiencing toxic levels of stress, burnout or overwhelm. I hope this book catalyzes a self-care revolution.”
I agree. Let’s listen in.
- Choosing Wellness: Unconventional Wisdom for the Overwhelmed, the Discouraged, the Addicted, the Fearful, or the Stuck by Eileen O’Grady, PhD, RN, NP
- Eileen O’Grady, School of Wellness
- Eileen in Episode #30, Wellness Coaching
- Reimagine Maslow Change your view, then change your vision
- Catch up on all the NP Business Matters podcasts here.
- Check out the Nurse Practitioners in Business Facebook Group
- Become a Member of the NPBO™
- Ready to start your own practice?
Connect with the Podcast
You can find the NP Business Matters Podcast on popular podcasting platforms:
- Apple Podcast
- Google Podcast
- Amazon Music/Audible
- And others. You’ll also find us in your favorite podcast player.
And as always, please subscribe, leave a rating and share with your colleagues.
If you have requests for topics and/or guests, you can leave us a comment below, or anonymously fill out this form.
I look forward to hearing your thoughts and questions about this episode in the comments below.