Business structures sometimes confuse new business owners, including nurse practitioners. Here are some considerations and things to avoid.
There are multiple business structures one can choose from, depending on your state and their requirements. In this episode of the podcast and video, I give an overview on the following, plus tell you which of them I suggest you avoid:
- Sole proprotior
- General and Limited Partnernships
- S corporation
I’ll talk about this more in our upcoming workshop, where we will go more into depth on this and other topics for the NPs starting their own practice.
- How do I choose a legal structure for my business?
- Do You Observe All Legal Formalities To Protect Your Business?
- Starting A Business? Walk before you Run!
- Catch up on all the NP Business Matters podcasts here.
- Check out the Nurse Practitioners in Business Facebook Group
- Become a Member of the NPBO™
- Ready to start your own practice?
Connect with the Podcast
You can find the NP Business Matters Podcast on popular podcasting platforms:
- Apple Podcast
- Google Podcast
- Amazon Music/Audible
- And others. You’ll also find us in your favorite podcast player.
And as always, please subscribe, leave a rating and share with your colleagues.
If you have requests for topics and/or guests, you can leave us a comment below, or anonymously fill out this form.
Do you currently have or would like to start a non-clinical business? I invite you to share your thoughts, ideas, and/or questions in the comments below.