If you are billing third-party payers, chances are you’ve run into a glitch or two. Creating better billing habits just might help you breathe easier.
Very few of us would say our processes cannot be improved. And judging from some of the NPs I’ve spoken to, and the questions I’ve received, the billing process is no exception.
In this episode of the NP Business Matters Podcast (#61), I’ll talk about some things you want to consider when you take a look at your own process.
We talk about:
- Revenue Cycle Management and what it means.
- Getting the correct information in every time.
- Why insurance verification is important
- Patient Facing Financial Policies
- Following up on claims
- Accounts Receivable
- The importance of cash flow
- and of course, more
This is an important topic for both insurance-based practices as well as cash-based practices.
What types of issues are you having, and what processes have you found helpful. Leave your comments below.for buzzsprout
- Do You Make These Mistakes with your Billing?
- Track Billing Metrics
- Is your Practice at Risk because of Billing Issues?
- Healthcare Glossary
- Costly Billing Mistakes – Free e-course
- Catch up on all the NP Business Matters podcasts here.
- Check out the Nurse Practitioners in Business Facebook Group
- Become a Member of the NPBO™
- Ready to start your own practice?
Connect with the Podcast
You can find the NP Business Matters Podcast on popular podcasting platforms:
- Apple Podcast
- Google Podcast
- Amazon Music/Audible
- And others. You’ll also find us in your favorite podcast player.
And as always, please subscribe, leave a rating and share with your colleagues.
If you have requests for topics and/or guests, you can leave us a comment below, or anonymously fill out this form.
Your Turn to Share Your Thoughts
Share with us how your own billing process and follow-up is working? Did you hear anything in this podcast you can implement? I invite you to share your thoughts, ideas, and/or questions in the comments below.