Just what is analysis paralysis and how can it sabotage your practice startup?
Analysis paralysis refers to the state of overthinking, and excessive analysis to the point where moving forward is quite difficult. The choices and decisions can be endless, and in the end, we are fearful of being wrong in our choices.
This is not something that affects only Nurse Practitioners – it can affect all humans. We’ve been educated and trained to be “right” since we were young children. And certainly, our work and education have only added to that.
But what can you do when it stops you cold in your tracks?
That’s the topic of Episode #79 of the NP Business Matters Podcast. Listen and then leave your comments and experience below.
- Is Consumer Overchoice a Reason for Decision Paralysis?
- Too much choice: The strange phenomenon of “analysis paralysis”
- Starting Your Practice with a Framework
- SWOT Analysis – template and example @ Purdue
- Practice Startup Checklist
- Catch up on all the NP Business Matters podcasts here.
- Check out the Nurse Practitioners in Business Facebook Group
- Become a Member of the NPBO™
- Ready to start your own practice?
Connect with the Podcast
You can find the NP Business Matters Podcast on popular podcasting platforms:
- Apple Podcast
- Google Podcast
- Amazon Music/Audible
- And others. You’ll also find us in your favorite podcast player.
And as always, please subscribe, leave a rating and share with your colleagues.
If you have requests for topics and/or guests, you can leave us a comment below, or anonymously fill out this form.
Has this been an issue for you? What did you do about it? What have you found has helped?