The newly formed Association of Missouri Nurse Practitioners is holding it’s first annual conference March 2016 and you are invited!
Advancing Knowledge for Advanced Practice is a one-day event and will take place on Friday, March 4, 2016, at the Hilton Garden Inn Conference Center in Columbia, MO. There is something for almost everyone at this conference, including approved continuing education credits.
AMNP president Dr. Shanna Chapman, DNP, FNP-C, APRN states: “Our conference will have up to 8 contact hours of continuing education (CE) offerings planned, updates on state and federal policy, time to network with your colleagues, an exhibit hall filled with the latest good and services for APRNs and students. We have two hands-on sessions that are available with limited seats: Basic Suturing and Musculoskeletal Injections.”
The keynote promises to be an inspiration with Dr. Deb Kiley, DNP, FAANP discussing a very important an appropriate subject “If You’re Not At the Table, You Are On It”. It’s descriptive and visual. I don’t know about you, but I prefer to sit or stand at the table…not be on it.
Other sessions include:
- Dermatology for the Common and Uncommon
- Basic Suturing (hands-on)
- Perspectives on Children’s Obesity
- Use of Psychotropic Drugs in the Nursing Home Setting
- Medication Updates: What you need to know for your Elderly Patient
- Concussion Management
- Musculoskeletal Injections – Providing Pain Relief While the Patient Gets the Point (hands-on)
- Tots & Tummies; A review of Pediatric Abdominal Complaints
- GU Syndrome of Menopause
- Impact of Nurse Practitioners on Health Outcomes of Medicare and Medicaid Patients
- Intimate Partner Violence
- How to Negotiate a Collaborative Practice Agreement
Visit the Association of Missouri Nurse Practitioners for further information and to register for this event.
Please help spread the word. Share this post, and/or the above image with your network and colleagues on social media.
If you are going, let me know, I’d love to meet you!