“Nurse eat their young”. I don’t know about you, but I heard that back in the 1970’s. And it’s still around today.
Bullying is not something that is unique to nurses. In fact, when I speak to other professionals, they tell me it’s there to: other healthcare providers, lawyers, teachers and business people. And it’s with us…the advance practice nurse (nurse practitioners) and physician assistants.
Listen in as we talk about
- What is bullying?
- Who is a bully?
- How can you tell if someone is a bully or just having a bad day?
- WHY does it continue in nursing?
- What can clinicians do about bullying?
- Negative and positive competition.
- The difference between being aggressive and being assertive.
I love to hear your comments on this important topic.